We can customise a training program based on your particular goals and outcomes. Workshops can be conducted in a live, classroom environment for a group or on a one-on-one basis.
Workshops can be designed to fit you or your company’s needs: 2-3 hour sessions, half-day or even full-day programs are available.
Topics for Training & Workshops
Blogging for business – Half day
Blogs are an essential communication, branding and marketing channel for the business of today. Practical steps to build, manage and leverage your own business blog.
Join us for this practical and ‘hands-on’ course in a friendly, supportive environment.
What we’ll cover;
- An overview of blogging and how it can be used for business and as the ‘home’ of your social media activities
- Steps to create a blog and getting started posting and commenting
- Discover the essential widgets, plugins and extras you need for your business blog
- How to build up your readership and subscriptions – and engagement
- Valuable tips on content creation and management (and finding your voice)
- Step by step tips to integrate social media tools (video, presentations, twitter, feeds ) into your blog
- How to promote and market your blog
- How to manage your blogging time effectively
- Tools and tips to measure and monitor your blog success
Introduction to Social Media for Business – Half Day
A practical introduction to using social media marketing – Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and more to connect, and engage with your customers – and convert potential customers and learn of opportunities to build community and brand awareness.
What we’ll cover;
- Social media – what it is –and isn’t; and how to leverage it in your business
- How to get started on Twitter, build followers, send messages, retweet and reply
- How to monitor your brand/business (and competition) on twitter – and connect with potential customers
- Discover the essential twitter tools to manage the conversation and be effective
- How to set up your Facebook business page
- How to create a Facebook ad for more traction
- The best tips on how to set up your Linkedin profile and use Linkedin effectively
- Other online communities and tools essential to your social media strategy
- How to plan, measure and analyse your social media strategy
- How to promote and leverage your social media efforts
- A game plan so you can manage (or delegate) social media in your business
- A better understanding of what you want out of social media for your business and a step by step plan to achieve it.
Introduction to social media and blogging for business – full day
This full day course will answer the ‘why is social media important to my business’ and address the ‘how do I get started and use social media in my business’ and the ‘how do I manage it’ – in a very practical, hands-on, friendly, and supportive environment.
This course is aimed at people investigating and implementing social media and blogging for business purposes; including small business owners and entrepreneurs but will also suit personal users interested in knowing more about social media.
Participants need to have basic computer knowledge.
By the end of this course participants will:
- Have an overview of how social media (particularly – but not limited to – Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook) is being used by companies
- An understanding of what social media is (and isn’t),and what you want out of it (web site traffic, sales leads, engaged customers, brand advocates etc)
- How to set up and edit a Facebook fan page
- How to create a Facebook ad to target specific customers
- Used twitter tools to take part in the conversation
- How to monitor your brand or business (and competition) through Twitter
- Have tools and tips to manage and measure twitter effectively
- How to create your profile on LinkedIn and build your brand
- Have an overview of business blogs and how they’re used by companies
- Learn the blog widgets and tools and marketing to make your blog fly
- How to create and manage your blog content
- A game plan to manage and measure social media in your business
- A step by step plan to implement social media
(Note: course is a practical ‘hands-on’, computer based courses – you put your learning into practice straight away using an internet enabled PC. Numbers are limited as we hold the course in a computer lab)
Your course leader:
Fiona Powell is a social media maven, blogger, an award winning magazine business editor and publisher, an international speaker, and an educator and businesswoman.
Recent unsolicited feedback:
We want to thank you for a great workshop yesterday. It was a really good overview of everything we wanted to know plus more! The mix of people in the room was great – nice to know we’re not the only ones who have struggled with this – till now! We think you should do more of the same!
- JC and AH
Thanks Fiona! I thoroughly enjoyed the course and am actually currently doing some work for someone on social media and the wine industry.
It has been very interesting observing this new online world since the course!